Monday, November 7, 2016

Kaylin Signor
11-7-16
English 101
Blog Post #4




     This essay's purpose will be to show that while Atheism and Christianity are generally considered complete opposites, they aren't actually that different from each other. If I were to cover all the different divisions of both of these beliefs, I would need more than 1500 words. So I will just be comparing the average Protestant Christian to an average Atheist, someone defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary as "a disbelief in the existence of deity". I chose this topic because Christianity is a huge part of who I am as a person, and I personally think that these two beliefs are closer to each other than most people realize.

Works Cited: "Atheism." Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 8 Nov. 2016.
I comment on Andrea Jane's blog.
I comment on Eve's blog.

10 comments:

  1. This is a really interesting choice for an essay! I wouldn't think that they have that much in common, but perhaps they do. Unfortunately, your Venn diagram isn't visible on my computer. I can see that you posted it because there is a large white box, but there is nothing inside of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weird... I'm not sure how to fix it but I uploaded it the same way I showed you how to. Did you have bad connection?

      Delete
    2. Try the link I posted instead :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Eve! It is always smart to write about something that is important to you because you can put in much more feelings and detail in the writing. unfortunately I am not able to see your Venn diagram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma,
    I posted a link to my google docs instead of trying to upload the picture... Does it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's asking for permission to view the Venn Diagram. If you use a Windows operating system, you can screen shot the diagram, paste it into paint, crop it, then save it as a JPEG, where you're able to upload the picture via an image here.

      Delete
    2. wow, I over-complicated this. Thank you for the tip!

      Delete
  4. Interesting topic, too. It will be interesting to read what you've discovered about both views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, I almost chose to do my topic based of a similar subject. I really want to read your essay. GREAT CHOICE!

    ReplyDelete